Let the children tell you what it’s like to spend hours here for treatments. Hear from their own mouths how donations have made their time at American Family Children’s Hospital a little brighter. And let their parents tell you how your donation can help kids still be kids even as they face the adult-size challenges of serious illness or injury.
Take a moment from your busy day and consider these stories, these families, and how just a little bit from you and maybe your friends can provide hope.
The money you donate will help save lives!
Here are just some of the ways donations have been used in past years:
- Funded a Child Life Specialist position in the Emergency Department to help patients and their families cope with fear, pain, and anxiety
- Provided supplies for the Positive Image Center which offers wigs, hats and salon services to patients free of charge
- Provided gas cards and transportation resources for families who need help getting to and from the hospital, including those who need treatments several times each week
- Supported Tyler’s Place sibling care, so parents can stay with their hospitalized child while the siblings are taken care of in a nurturing and therapeutic environment
- Helped build 8 rooms in the new 8th Floor NICU / PICU Units
- Provided dinners for thousands of moms, dads, and patient visitors
JJO will be on site at the hospital all three days of the Radiothon:
Wednesday from 3-5pm with Johnny
Thursday from 9-11am with Ozz
Friday from 12 – 2pm with Greg
How can you become a Champion for Kids?
- You become a champion by donating just $15 a month!
- Make a donation by calling the Subway Donor Hotline at 1-877-719-KIDS (5437).
- Donate online
Share this page with your friends! Share on Facebook, Google+, Twitter—ALL OVER!
If you have a story about American Family Children’s Hospital, please share it on our Facebook Page! We will make sure the incredible staff reads it!
Donations to the American Family Children’s Hospital and UW Health are managed by the University of Wisconsin Foundation, the official fundraising and gift-receiving organization for the University of Wisconsin-Madison and UW Health. The UW Foundation is a publicly supported charitable organization under sections 501(c)(3), 509(a)(1) and 170(b)(1)(A)(iv) of the IRS Code. A igft is fully tax deductible unless the donor receives goods and/or services in exchange for her or his contribution or as long as the value of any jgoods or services received qualify as ‘low cost articles’ under section 513(h)(2).
Special thanks to our sponsors: