May-Tallica on JJO!
Fun Metallica facts, May-Tallica moments, Coolest Metallica Song Ever and someone is going to see Metallica at Soldier Field in Chicago June 18th!
Metallica by the numbers! Check back everyday for a new fun fact about Metallica and the WorldWired Tour!….Frequent Rockers log on to your account for more fun facts!
- 41,158-The number of sets of strings being played through countless riffs during the 27 shows!
- 42-The number of VLFC cabinets that are arranged in two end fire arrays, a pattern that sets stacks of VLFCs spaced three meters apart from front-to-back and then sequentially delays input signals to each stack by the precise milliseconds needed to thrust the sound pressure waves forward rather than to the sides or backwards. The uncanny effect of the VLFC’s subsonic impact is evident in Robert Trujillo’s bass solo, in the explosion tracks mixed into “One” and in other high-intensity moments during the show. The VLFC on tour is a beefed-up version of a production model originally made for NASA to use in vibration testing!
- 0-The number of albums by any other artist that have sold more than “Metallica” (a/k/a, “The Black Album”) since 1991 (a/k/a, the SoundScan era)
- 110,000,000-The number of albums Metallica have sold worldwide. They have earned gold and/or platinum certifications in over forty countries. Metallica are the third largest selling artist in the United States since 1991 (when Nielsen SoundScan began tracking album sales). Only Garth Brooks and The Beatles have sold more albums in the U.S. than Metallica (meaning, they’ve sold more than Adele, Jay-Z, Beyonce, and Taylor Swift, among others)
- 35-The number of years since Metallica’s 1st show on March 14, 1982.
How to win:
- Anytime JJO plays a Metallica song in the month of May, rate it and you are automatically in to win. The more you rate, the better your chances are to win. Become a JJO Frequent Rocker here. It’s free and easy!
- Frequent Rockers, log in to your account and take the weekly surveys and you are automatically entered to win the trip to Chicago. Plus you’re qualified for an EXTREMELY rare Mandatory Metallica promotional CD. Log in to your account here.
- Click here to fill out “The Coolest Metallica Song Ever” bracket. Each time you fill it out, you get another entry into the trip!
- Fill this out for a chance to win “Kill Em All” and “Ride The Lightening” on vinyl and CD!
May-Tallica doesn’t stop there. Listen for the members of Metallica to tell the stories behind their biggest releases weekdays at 9am, 2pm and 5pm.
May-Tallica, nowhere but JJO!