Posts not found
Click here for more info on the Capital K9’s.
DRY HOOTCH MADISON
CLICK HERE to support the new construction of Dryhootch!
We need your support! Dryhootch Madison is moving and we need to raise
$15,000 to finish construction and move in to our new location!
Dryhootch Madison iS relocating to 2825 University Ave – tucked into
the side of the IHOP and JUST blocks away from the Madison VA
Hospital. Our new Hootch is 1500 square feet and will include a coffee
bar, lounge/social space, private and group meeting rooms and much
more! With your help and support we are confident we can finish
construction and move into the new Hootch by June 1st 2015!!!
Our mission at Dryhootch is to “Help the Veteran and their family, who
survived the war, survive the peace.” Dryhootch is a nonprofit 501c3
organization formed by combat Veterans to help Veterans in their
return home. Dryhootch was envisioned as a place where Veterans could
gather informally in a coffee house; a safe, comfortable, drug and
alcohol free environment. The idea revolved around the creation of a
retail coffee shop run by and for Veterans, which would also support
an extended network of Veteran families and encourage Veteran
interaction with the community as a whole.
Peer Support is the basis for everything we do at Dryhootch. The
brothers and sisters who had your back while in service are now here
at Dryhootch, providing you with the same support in “the real world.”
They can give advice on benefits, explain how they made the transition
back, or just be a buddy that can finish your sentences. It is behind
everything we do here. Some of the many support groups offered at
Dryhootch Madison are:
* Vets Over Sixty
* Female Veterans
* Minority Veterans
* Spouses/Partners Group
* PTSD Group
* Trauma Release Exercise (TRE)
* Art Therapy
* Writing Collective
* Alcohol Anonymous (AA)
* Spiritual Guidance
* Healing Meditation
For a complete list of programs and services offered at Dryhootch
Madison visit us on facebook at:
The Patriot Tour:
Ninth-annual Patriot Tour sponsored by the Nation of Patriots
● The Nation of Patriots is an all-volunteer organization
○ 100% of the funds raised go directly to disabled vets in need. No administrative
fees or other expenses are taken from the money raised. We are an all-volunteer
○ Changed the lives of 279 veteran families across the nation since its inception
● Patriot Tour
○ 14,500-mile journey during which motorcycle riders carry one American flag
city-to-city through all 48 continental states over 110 days to raise money for
disabled veterans and their families
● In 2017, the Nation of Patriots raised just shy of $250,000
● The goal for 2018 is $300,000
● The Launch for the 2018 Patriot Tour is Saturday, May 19 in Beaver Dam
● Launch ceremony in downtown Beaver Dam (200 block of Front Street)
○ Ceremony begins at 10 a.m.
○ Speakers include Wisconsin Attorney General Brad Schimel and Beaver Dam
Mayor Rebecca Glewen
○ Kickstands up at 11 a.m. for first leg of the Tour; 115 miles to Fennimore,
○ Riders should park on the 200 block of Front Street
○ All riders welcome … don’t have to be riding a Harley. Cars welcome to join the
Tour journey to Fennimore as well. Registration and $5/rider donation suggested.
Register at www.nationofpatriots.org . Registration cost goes into proceeds that
support the disabled vets.
● More information and detailed itinerary can be found at www.nationofpatriots.org .
● Donations welcome at www.nationofpatriots.org .
● All are welcome to turnout for the Launch of the ninth-annual Patriot Tour.
● Remember to thank the community and the many volunteers, sponsors and
organizations who have stepped up to make the event happen.
● Volunteers are still needed. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
and to sign up.
● Any organization that might like to host a fundraiser, sponsor an event or get involved
can inquire at www.nationofpatriots.org .
● Thank Randy and WJJO.
● Thank sponsors as well. Countryside Chevrolet Buick GMC, Steelhorse Motorsports,
Hogz & Honeez, LocaLeben, Scag Power Equipment, Great 98 and Botham, INK.